Sunday, March 9, 2014

Mariam's Eyes - the Models


There are 3 or 4 levels of modelling for all my mosaics. One original digital image, (If the original is paper, I digitize it);  one paper original, at scale with the final mosaic, and one final model at the same size as the final mosaic.

So here are the models :  

The original reprint from scan of a French magazine. 





The Black and White model printed on heavy paper, and enhanced by hand. I used a graphic software and hand drawing to work on this picture to get to a Black and White image.

The laminated real size models. Enlarged and laminated prints at the size of the final mosaic. In this particular case, I had 2 of them made - mirror image of each other, as I will build 2 mosaics at the same time. The regular one for France, the other one as an experimentation of a different tesserae laying technique.


No comments:

Post a Comment